WaveNet Lock Node
Network for connecting digital locks and Smart Relays to a central computer. Data is transmitted via multiple media including 915 MHz radio, Ethernet, RS-485 and RS-232. All of the components are supplied in plastic casings. Lock nodes are either battery-operated or powered by external power supply units like router, repeater and central nodes.
- The WaveNet software: the lock system is controlled and managed from a central computer.
- The WaveNet Central Node: this is connected to the computer via an RS-232 or USB port and allows the computer to communicate securely with all of the other subassemblies via an encrypted signal over radio or cable.
- The WaveNet Router Node: The Router node communicates with all WaveNet Lock Nodes and WaveNet Router nodes within its communication range. The WaveNet Router Nodes can be used to extend either the 915 MHz radio signal or the RS-485 hardwired media or convert between the different media. The WaveNet router can be used to convert between Ethernet, RS-485 and/or 915 MHz radio to provide a flexible networking architecture that meets any application.
- The WaveNet Lock Node is mounted next to the SimonsVoss lock or Smart Relay to be networked. The Lock Node then communicates with the rest of the network through 915 MHz radio or RS-485 depending on the model installed.
- WaveNet Central Node with either an RS-232 or USB interface and an RS-485 port or a 915 MHz radio port.
- All WaveNet Central, Router and Repeater Nodes are equipped with connection terminals for an external plug-in power supply.
- WaveNet Router Nodes are available as repeaters extending either the RS-485 or 915 MHz radio signals.
- WaveNet Router Nodes can also serve as a converter from RS-485 hardwired to 915 MHz radio or from 915 MHz radio to RS-485 hardwired.
- WaveNet Router Node as converter from Ethernet/WLAN to 915 MHz radio or to RS-485 hardwired media.
- Dimensions of casing Central Node and Router Node: 1.57 x 3.94 x 2.56 inches (40 x 100 x 65 mm), with antenna 5.12 x 3.94 x 2.56 inches (130 x 100 x 65 mm) - (H x W x L)
- Voltage supply, Central and Router Nodes: 12 VDC
- Power, Central Nodes: min. 3 VA (250 mA under permanent load)
- Transmitting power of radio module: max. 5 dBm (3.16 mW) to antenna socket
- Sensitivity of radio module: –90 dBm at 19.2 kBaud
- Frequency of radio module: 912 - 925 MHz
- Current consumption of radio module in receive mode: 12 mA at 3.3V
- Dimensions of casing, Lock Node: 1.46 x 2.09 inches (37 x 53 mm) (H x diameter)
- Voltage supply, Lock Node: 2 batteries CR2/3AA, lithium 3.6V
- Current consumption, Lock Node: 25 mA in transmit mode, 15 mA in receive mode, 15 µA without data traffic
- Transmitting power, Lock Node: approx. 1 mW
- Sensitivity of Lock Node: -95 dBm
- Frequency of Lock Node: 912 - 925 MHz
- Inputs, Lock Node: 3x floating
- Output, Lock Node: Open Drain, max. switching voltage 25 VDC, max. switch-on voltage 2 A, permanent current 650mA internal resistance (AN) 0.5 Ω
- Battery lifespan: up to 6 years