Wireless Site Survey - Dana Point Wifi Network Installation
Performing a physical wireless site survey is the only way to develop accurate wireless path calculations to ensure performance of a wireless backhaul system. A wireless site surveys should be performed for a point to point wireless bridge, point to multipoint wireless backhaul, WiMax, or wireless mesh network. This is true for both unlicensed wireless backhaul and licensed microwave links. There are many things to take into consideration when surveying a wireless Ethernet bridge, such as line of sight, trees or other Fresnel Zone obstructions, mounting elevations, radio equipment (frequency, path loss, gain, etc.) These and other variables should be addressed to assure that path calculations match up to the 'real world' environment.
A Site Survey may include the following procedures:
- Capture GPS coordinate readings for path calculations
- Provide digital photographs (facility, path, antenna location, cable routes, etc.)
- Identify locations for mounting solutions (mast / tower).
- Discover present or potential egress points.
- Determine potential obstructions to line-of-sight & Fresnel Zone.
- Identify any possible environmental restrictions.
- Identify any obvious points of wireless interference.
- Discover proper grounding, lighting and surge protection.
- Create Build-of-Materials and product recommendations
Point to Point Wireless Point to point wireless Ethernet bridge, also known as fixed wireless backhaul or point to point microwave, is an ideal complement or replacement to leased lines and fiber. Whether the requirement is to link individual buildings, communicate between buildings, or link networks across large distances, organizations are increasingly turning to point to point wireless backhaul networks, both licensed microwave links and unlicensed wireless bridges, as the preferred solution. Point to point wireless backhaul provides several advantages:
Because there are no recurring lease fees to a phone company or service provider, outdoor wireless bridge networks in a point to point wireless backhaul configuration saves you money month after month. That, along with the modest cost of the outdoor wireless bridge equipment, is one reason that point to point wireless backhaul costs can be rapidly recouped. Once the wireless bridge equipment is installed, you own it and there are no other costs other than minimal routine maintenance. Point to point microwave radios provide high quality network connectivity. Point to point wireless bridges can be both simple and inexpensive unlicensed wireless Ethernet bridges or true carrier grade (fiber replacement) licensed microwave links.
- Increase Bandwidth - Up to Gigabit data/voice links (gigabit wireless)
- Extend Fiber & T1 Installations
- Lower cost of installation
- No recurring connection fees
- Reduce leased line dependency
- Quick installation—days instead of weeks or months
- ROI - Cost can usually be recouped in months
- Performance unaffected by environmental factors
- Advanced Security - DOD and HIPPA compliant
- 99.999% Reliability
AirMagnet Planner - Wireless Network & Access Point Installers in Dana Point, CA
Accurately plan and deploy a/b/g/n wireless networks in any indoor environment
- Complete 802.11a/b/g/n support for designing indoor WLAN networks
- Model building construction materials/obstructions and 802.11 APs
- Built-in assistance to define migration strategy to 802.11n
- WLAN throughput estimation at every location
- Create and model any antenna and preview impact to WLAN
- Generate customized “Bill-of-materials” report
- Built into AirMagnet Survey PRO
AirMagnet Planner is a wireless network planning tool that accounts for building materials, obstructions, access point configurations, antenna patterns and a host of other variables to provide a reliable predictive map of Wi-Fi signal and performance. The solution offers superior predictive modeling to determine ideal quantity, placement and configuration of APs for optimal security, performance and compliance.
AirMagnet Planner includes built-in automated tools to help users with their migration strategy from existing legacy 802.11a/b/g networks to 802.11n technology.
AirMagnet Planner can be purchased as a separate product or as a fully integrated feature of AirMagnet Survey. When integrated with AirMagnet Survey, users have a powerful solution that combines state-of-the-art predictive modeling with real-world performance data. Read more about our Wireless AirMagnet Planner here.