posted Aug 20, 2011, 10:00 AM by David Khorram
updated Aug 20, 2011, 5:39 PM
Why video testimonial is the best way to promote your company values and how can you promote your values at the moment of relevance ? (Be there and display your values, when and where customers are looking for you )
Video testimonials might be the best way to tell the world about the quality of your staff and business with the lowest cost.
We research the video testimonial concept and its effect on clients and customers . We also tried to find why it works and how to produce them using Google business solutions and tools.
Our Goals are to :
1- produce real, natural and factual video testimonials and interview with ease
2- develop high quality video content from desk top using Google business solution and tools which guarantee lowest call ( do more with less ) .
3-train our staff to produce video content on weekly bases to develop
4- develop Customer Centric Content which could lead to :
- Making the experience about the customer and how they interact with the business can lead to a long standing relationship
- Interviewing the client or customer/member about how they use your (a business’) products or service to their benefit. Their interview could really be a testimonial in the form of re-purposed content for the company’s blog.
- Create business Stories!
5- Embed above video content in to our website, emails, blog, social media, citations, directories, press releases to deliver highest value contents in shortest amount of time.
Watching a few commercials on TV, you can see majority of them are video testimonials which are empowered and produces using the persuasion techniques ( If you are not familiar with the principals of persuasion , you can find two power point presentations iattached to this blog or watch these videos ).
- Reciprocity - People tend to return a favor, thus the pervasiveness of free samples in marketing. You open a door for some one , naturally the open the next door for you . In his conferences, he often uses the example of Ethiopia providing thousands of dollars in humanitarian aid to Mexico just after the 1985 earthquake, despite Ethiopia suffering from a crippling famine and civil war at the time. Ethiopia had been reciprocating for the diplomatic support Mexico provided when Italy invaded Ethiopia in 1935. The good cop/bad cop strategy is also based on this principle.
- Commitment and Consistency - If people commit, orally or in writing, to an idea or goal, they are more likely to honor that commitment because of establishing that idea or goal as being congruent with their self image. Even if the original incentive or motivation is removed after they have already agreed, they will continue to honor the agreement. For example, in car sales, suddenly raising the price at the last moment works because the buyer has already decided to buy. Cialdini notes Chinese brainwashing on American prisoners of war to rewrite their self image and gain automatic unenforced compliance. Seecognitive dissonance.
- Social Proof - People will do things that they see other people are doing. For example, in one experiment, one or more confederates would look up into the sky; bystanders would then look up into the sky to see what they were seeing. At one point this experiment aborted, as so many people were looking up that they stopped traffic. See conformity, and the Asch conformity experiments.
- Authority - People will tend to obey authority figures, even if they are asked to perform objectionable acts. Cialdini cites incidents such as the Milgram experiments in the early 1960s and the My Lai massacre.
- Liking - People are easily persuaded by other people that they like. Cialdini cites the marketing of Tupperware in what might now be called viral marketing. People were more likely to buy if they liked the person selling it to them. Some of the many biases favoring more attractive people are discussed. See physical attractiveness stereotype.
- Scarcity - Perceived scarcity will generate demand. For example, saying offers are available for a "limited time only" encourages sales.
Deployment : Through our research , we gained the knowledge, logic and principals used to produce high quality testimonials the following steps ( tools and Techniques ) is method we used to develop your Video testimonials :
Step #1 - Video testimonial / advertise can establish and deployed by using the above six (6) principals as guide line ( structure ) . You can watch few video testimonials on Youtube and get a better idea.
Step #2 - Develop a script that is focused on your values , remember your product and service features are 2nd to their benefites and advantages. keep it simple.
Step #3- Watch this video and get familiar with Google + and hangout
- If you do not have a Gmail account , apply for one . This is the gateway to get to Google products and services . You can also get info or register about Google + by clicking on Google + project . or you can contact innovaglobal and we can get you enrolled .
Step #5- Once you have your Google + account , you can invite your friend and associates . You can also open up another Gmail account and call it " interview studio " or your company name studio ( I.e innovaglobal studio ). You can use this for clients and customer that do not have Google + yet .
Using this new portal ( Google + hangout ) and your Google + , you can conduct and produce video testimonial.s . ( This is a good way to introduce them to Google's benefits , including Google + - Reciprocity )
Step #6- Run test and interviewing few of your office staff to make sure you know how Google + hangout works and prepare the introduction and questions you may want to ask from your clients and customers. Commitment and Consistency
Step #7 -To start, introduce yourself and your client. Make sure you mention name and title -Authority ( 10 second ) Step #8- Describe the product or project size, client's goals and their achievements - Commitment and Consistency ( watch Charlie Rose ) ( 30 second )
Product testimonial questions :
- What was the obstacle that would have prevented you from buying this product?
- What did you find as a result of buying this product?
- What specific feature did you like most about this product?
- What would be three other benefits about this product?
- Would you recommend this product? If so, why?
- Is there anything you’d like to add?
Service testimonial questions:
- What type of service did Company XYZ provide to you?
- Was the service done in a timely fashion
- Would you recommend the service to a friend
- On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, how was the customer service?
- The best thing about _____ services was: ____________________.
- The reason I selected ______ to be my ______ service provider was _______.
- I would recommend _______ ‘s services to a friend who needed this service because_________.
- At the end of the project I felt____________________________________.
Step #10 - Schedule your interview ahead of time , make sure you offer what ever is necessary and that the interview is done in your client's convenient time . Google products and services are all cloud base thus location, time and access is flexible.
Step #11 - Video Testimonial : Use your Google + portal and conduct your interview using Google + hangout .
Step #14 - up load your video to You tube and if want add annotations and hyper link to your website lead catching page . Following sample is not done by Google + hangout but has annotation and screen hyperlink.
Step #16 - Embed and promote your video testimonial content in your email signature area , blog , Google + , Facebook, twitter, website .
Clearly, we are producing more videos within next few months . Originally, we decided to produce videos to better tell our story to our clients and prospective clients. What we probably underestimated was the power that the videos have had on building enthusiasm and a new sense of purpose within our own organization! First few projects, that turn out to be ‘game changers’ for our sales and marketing perspective.
We will emabrk on producing videos using Google+ & hangout , Youtube and Google Apps Video and Sites ( internet and intranet ) in the following areas and report our success in this blog. Videos will be based on :
- Customer Centric Content
- Contests and Giveaways ( contest engine)
- Customer Service
- Consultations and Mastermind Groups ( ideation engine)
- New Product Sourcing
- Product Creation
- Product and project training ( collaborative )
Gone Google since 2007